Time: Medium Difficulty: Medium Season: Early Summer (varies)
Hex hatches are truly unique. Any time an angler is lucky enough to find an annual hex hatch, they are set for life. Hex hatches late in the evening and into the night and are typically found on Maine lakes. Each water body varies in the timing, but late June or early July seems to be a good time to look for them. Simply throw this dry out during the hatch and let it sit or twitch it and just hang on. Fish gorge themselves on this extremely large fly that makes angler dreams come true!
- Thread: Uni-thread 6/0 Olive Dun
- Hook: Daiichi 1270 #12
- Tail: Strung Rooster Saddle Olive
- Body: Stripped Olive Rooster Quill and ultrathin gold rib wire
- Wing: White and Grey CDC.
- Hackle: 1 Brown Grizzly and 1 Olive Neck Hackle